PPSA is excited to annually honor deserving safety professionals, executives, and teams.
Nominations for the Safety Leader of the Year must be received by March 2nd, 2021. All other award nominations must be received by August 2nd, 2021.
We hope you will help us honor an outstanding safety professional
by submitting a nomination for one of our awards!
Executive Eagle * Award of Excellence * Safety Innovator * Safety Committee/Team * Safety Leader of the Year
This prestigious award is given each year to honor a pulp & paper industry executive that has made a significant contribution to the safety & health programs within their areas of direct responsibility and has a demonstrable record of support for the Pulp & Paper Safety Association.
To nominate an executive for this award, please review the nomination procedure, complete this form and submit along with your accompanying information via email or regular mail.
15 Technology Parkway South
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
All nominations must be received by March 2nd, 2021.
NOMINATION PROCEDURE FOR THE EXECUTIVE EAGLE AWARD
To be eligible for the Executive Eagle, the nomination must be a corporate CEO, COO, CFO, Senior Vice-President, or Area, Region, Division or Facility Manager.
A member of the Pulp & Paper Safety Association must submit the nomination. The nominee must have made a significant and sustained contribution to the improvement of his or her company's safety process or culture and in some way impacted the industry.
The nominee must be directly involved with, directly lead, or directly impact safety. They must also demonstrate active support of the Pulp & Paper Safety Association.
Nominations must be submitted and received no later than August 2nd, 2021 for the preceding year's award.
The nomination form must be completed, but should be accompanied by a narrative document explaining why this candidate should be chosen. The nominee's qualifications, experience, influence, involvement, education, work history and safety successes should be outlined in the narrative. Nominations should include any additional documents, copies of previous awards or pictures to help tell the story. Remember that you are trying to promote your nominee and how he or she has been involved in safety, how they have impacted safety, how they have achieved success in safety and why they should receive the Executive Eagle. We have found that putting this material in a small 3-ring binder or in Microsoft Word and/or PowerPoint format is effective.
When completed, send the nomination packet to PPSA. Remember the packet must be received by
August 2nd, 2021.
The Association Awards Committee will review each nomination and certify eligibility. The committee will then review each nomination with the Board of Directors.
The Executive Eagle Award is presented each year at PPSA Health and Safety Conference.
This is the most prestigious award given for operating excellence. Three of these awards are presented annually. The revised 2020-2021 award looks holistically at each nominees’ safety program, record, and continued efforts to promote safety culture.
Eligibility: The site/location nominated must be a PPSA member and submit the nomination packet detailed above by August 2nd, 2021 at [email protected].
- Nominations must be submitted and received in the Association office no later than August 2nd, 2021 for the preceding year's award.
- The simple nomination form on page 2 must be completed and be accompanied by a narrative document explaining why this location should be chosen. Suggested items to include in your narrative include, but are not limited to:
- The Site’s Safety program
- Staff/employee engagement programs
- Employee culture surveys (if applicable)
- SIF program(s)
- Risk Assessment Processes
- Leading indicators the site tracks
- Safety partnerships
- Contractor engagement
Safety Innovator Award Application
The PPSA Safety Innovator Award will go to the one facility demonstrating the most innovative safety improvement product/process implemented between January 1st 2020 through August 2nd 2021. In order to receive this award, a facility must apply for it, be selected as a finalist by a PPSA conference board committee and lastly receive the most votes by conference attendees and a panel at the PPSA Annual Safety and Health Conference. The winning site will receive the PPSA Safety Innovator Award trophy and be highlighted on the PPSA website and in an upcoming quarterly report. To apply for this award, please complete this form and submit it along with your accompanying information via email or regular mail no later than August 2nd 2021.
This award honors a pulp & paper industry safety committee/team that has made a significant contribution to safety & health at their location, company, or within the industry. In order to receive this award, a committee/team, must apply for it, be selected as a finalist by the PPSA awards committee and lastly receive the most votes by conference attendee and a panel at the PPSA safety conference. The winning site will receive the Industry Safety Committee/Team Award trophy and be highlighted on the PPSA website and upcoming quarterly report. To apply for the award, please complete this form and submit it along with your accompanying information via email or regular mail no later than August 2nd, 2021.
15 Technology Parkway South
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
- Submitting facility must be a PPSA member site at the time of submission of this application. Go to ppsa.org to become a member!
- All applicants must agree to share their submission with the PPSA membership regardless if they are selected as a finalist. PPSA will honor and share any copyright and/or patent information.
- A committee/team is eligible to apply for the award every three years.
- New for 2021- application must include a video/PowerPoint presentation for an online competition August 16-27. Finalists will be selected from these presentations to present at the Annual conference.ubmitting facility must be a PPSA member site at the time of submission of this application. Go to ppsa.org to become a member!
Safety Leader of the Year Award
The PPSA would like to recognize outstanding achievement within the safety profession with the Safety Leader of the Year (SLY) Award. The SLY Award recognizes a single forest products industry leader who has demonstrated unique, engaging and effective approaches to the safety programs within their company. In doing so, this individual has had a profound and positive impact on safety within the forest products industry.
Eligibility: in order to qualify the individual must meet the following criteria:
1. The individual’s site or company must be an active member of the PPSA.
2. The individual must be a full-time employee in a leadership role (i.e. safety professional, lead worker, safety committee member, etc.) who is involved with their company’s safety efforts.
3. The individual is not currently serving on the PPSA Board of Directors.
4. Executive Eagle Award winners are not eligible.
Nomination: An individual meeting the eligibility requirements noted above can be nominated by a co-worker by completing the PPSA- Safety Leader of the Year Award: Nomination Form. Applications must be submitted electronically to the PPSA Member Relations Manager by March 2nd, 2021 at [email protected].